Join the Early Career Committee for its annual FREE Pre-Conference Academic Workshop. This year, we are honored to have Dr. Elizabeth Mayer-Davis from UNC Chapel Hill as our keynote speaker. Dr. Mayer-Davis is the Cary C Boshamer Distinguished Professor of Nutrition and Medicine, Chair of the Department of Nutrition, and Co-Director of the Nutrition Obesity Research Center. Following the keynote, attendees will have the opportunity to participate in small group “roundtable” discussions on topics of their choosing. Table topics will include:
- Biosketch/CV Review: Bring your biosketch/CV and receive feedback from Program Officers and Senior Fellows about how to improve it, describing your scientific contributions, and how to make yourself more competitive for funding.
- K-awards: bring your questions for Dr. David Saslowsky, K-awards Program Officer at NIH
- Careers at NIH: discuss NIH career options with Dr. Jack Yanovski
- Career development discussions including negotiating and start-up packages, interviewing, time management, and starting your first lab
- Discussions on networking and making a good first impression, getting your work noticed at conferences, and interpersonal skills
Finally, you can get a head start on networking at ObesityWeek with a meet-and-greet session at the Workshop with representatives from TOS’s Sections, the Early Career Member Committee and TOS Fellows.