Presented by the International Society for the Perioperative Care of the Obese Patient (ISPCOP)
Brief Description of Topic and Sub-Topics:
- Accreditation standards for outpatient bariatric facilities- what are the standards for obtaining accreditation for outpatient bariatric facilities? What pitfalls can be avoided?
- Appropriate selection of patients for ambulatory surgery- Which bariatric patients are appropriate for outpatient surgery and what contraindications disqualify some patients for being appropriate for outpatient surgery?
- Analgesic options for outpatient bariatric surgery- what are the different analgesic options for analgesia after outpatient bariatric surgery?
Target Audience: Surgeons, anesthesiologists, and other staff who take care of bariatric surgical patients.
- Understand the accreditation standards for outpatient bariatric facilities.
- Know how to appropriately select patients for ambulatory surgery. Know the contraindications for outpatient surgery.
- Understand the options for analgesia following outpatient bariatric surgery.